Acquired genetic disorders
Acquiered chromosome abnormalities (malignancies)
Bone marrow for karyotyping (chromosome map) and/or FISH (fluorescence in- situ hybridisation)
- Sample type: unclotted bone marrow with Na-heparin as anticoagulant and in RPMI medium
Tubes with Na-heparin and medium via email@example.com or telephone numbers 09/332 5031 – 2477. Store these tubes at 2°C – 8°C. Never put bone marrow / blood in a medium where the expiry date has been exceded or in a muddy medium.
- Quantity: 3-5 ml
- Storage: at room temperature, except on Fridays: keep in the fridge, do not freeze
- Delivery to the lab: within 24 hours after the sample was taken, to deliver before 5 pm (on Fridays before
- Notify the lab by calling the CMGG secretariat: +32 9 332 2477
Blood for array-CGH (comparative genome hybridisation)
- Sample type: unclotted blood, with EDTA as anticoagulant
- Quantity: 2 tubes with > = 5 ml (for newborns 1 ml is acceptable)
- Storage: at room temperature, away from direct sunlight
- Delivery to the lab: within 72 hours after the sample was taken, to deliver before 5 pm (on Fridays before
Last updated: 20 March 2017 - 17:38
Copyright 2018 Center for Medical Genetics, Gent.